Krause Publications Antique American Switchblades
- Profiles the companies that manufactured them
- Offers a reliable history on how they were developed
- Accurate pricing based on photos of blade condition
- Includes 300 spectacular photos and detailed descriptions for more than 250 models
- Mark B. Erickson shares his enthusiastic appreciation and knowledge of switchblades
- This is a comprehensive reference offering detailed listingsmanufacturer/model section, color photographs, detailed descriptions, and accurate priceswith an honest appraisal of more than 250 individual models
Krause Publications is the world's largest publisher of periodicals and books on hobbies. We cover antiques; arts & crafts; baseball cards and other sports memorabilia; records; comic books; coins and paper money; stamps; toys; firearms; knives; and old cars. We also have an outdoors division that publishes hunting and fishing magazines, and a trade division that publishes three magazines for the rural construction trade. In total, we publish 40+ periodicals covering 14 interest areas.
Krause Publications also has a book division that publishes over 125 titles annually in the fields listed above and currently has 750 titles available.
Krause offers collectors an online alternative to satisfy their hobby needs at www.Collect.com. Visitors will find editorial content and special offers tailored to their personal preferences. Books, show tickets, complete issues of our publications, display and classified ads, dealer directories, and forums are available to Internet users at www.Collect.com.
The company employs more than 400 people, most of whom are full time. Our skilled labor comes from the immediate area -- Iola and surrounding communities. Many are graduates of technical colleges. Their skills are sometimes enhanced by in-house training for applications and equipment specific to our business. Our professional labor comes mostly from Wisconsin and bordering states, but our recruiting often takes on a national scope to bring the specialized skills necessary for a particular hobby area.
Krause Publications' current building was constructed in 1975 and has been expanded five times since then. Our facilities also include two Support Services buildings, located one mile east of Iola on State Highway 161.