This popular 6" utility knife is fully forged for durability with a precision 18 degree edge for precise cutting. Crafted from high carbon German Stainless Steel and heat treated for long edge life like all our Pro Series knives. Perfect for smaller cutting tasks, from meat, fish, vegetables, fruit & even cheese.
- Pro-Series line was highly rated in leading consumer test magazine
- Blade Size: 6" Length of Cut x 1.2" Tall x .100" Thick Stock
- Handle: 4.8" Long Including Bolster x .625" wide x .950 tall in middle
- Handle Material: Injection Molded P.O.M over full tang with 3 aircraft aluminum rivets
- Steel Type: Fully Forged German made X50CrMoV15 Carbon Stainless Steel
- Designed in the USA & Manufactured to our exact specifications & industries highest quality standards in Taiwan
- Warranty: Lifetime Limited Warranty
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
Like most unique companies, Ergo Chef was founded serendipitously.
Scott Staib wasn'?t supposed to make knives; he was supposed to be a chef. After his training at Johnson & Wales University, Scott set out to rise through the culinary ranks. His first stop was an ultra-swanky country club where he proved his mettle as the saute and grill chef. Next was his gig as sous chef for Aramark Food Service Corporation. He was on the fast track in foodservice when he was sidelined by tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome result of the repetitive motion injuries caused by frequent chopping and slicing. Without a fully-functioning wrist, Staib could not cook his dinner, let alone advance his career. He was not alone.
Scott found that he was not the only chef/?professional or home cook ?to suffer from tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome. He enrolled his engineer brother, Mike, to help find the solution. They worked closely with designers at the family's design and machining company in New England to examine how a conventional knife fits in a chef'?s hand, the movement of a chef's wrist and hand during chopping and the angle at which a knife hits the cutting board. Together, they crafted a knife that was a true extension of a chef'?s hand.
After just three weeks of using the ergonomically-designed knives, Scott'?s persistent tendinitis and carpal tunnel symptoms disappeared. He created 50 prototypes of the knives and sent them to professional chefs, student chefs and culinary professors across the country. The response was overwhelmingly positive, and Ergo Chef was born.