Gerber LMF II Survival Knife (Coyote Brown)
Whether you're smashing through a window to save a trapped loved one or chopping up kindling for a campfire, the Gerber LMF II is up to the test. This tough-as-nails survival knife features a top-quality stainless steel blade and a Kraton-textured grip that feels smooth and steady in your hand.
- Blade length: 4.84"
- Overall length: 10.59"
- Weight: 11.4 ounces
- Blade Material: 420HC stainless steel
- Coyote brown textured Kraton handle
- Window breaker/skull crusher handle end
- Soft rubber over-molding on the main sheath to reduce noise
- Holes through the blade and handle allow lashing to specific gear
- Includes a molded plastic and nylon sheath that also holds the safety knife
- Butt cap is physically separated from the tang by handle substrate for shock absorption amd electrical isolation
|title_tag||Gerber LMF II Survival Knife (Coyote Brown)|
In 1939 Joseph Gerber hired a local knife maker to build 25 sets of kitchen cutlery to be given as Christmas gifts. The knives were so popular that Joseph Gerber left his advertising agency to start Gerber Legendary Blades®. The unique style and high quality manufacturing of Gerber cutlery soon developed wide spread acclaim. In fact, Gerber Legendary Blades are the only cutlery on display in New York�?s famous Museum of Modern Art.
From very early on, Gerber collaborated with top knife designers, setting a standard of quality for everyone else to follow. Renowned designers such as Al Mar, Bob Loveless, Paul Poehlmann, "Blackie" Collins, William Harsey Jr. and Ernest Emerson have all designed knives for Gerber. In 2002 this tradition continued as Gerber released the Silver Trident�?, designed by Chief James "Patches" Watson (U.S.N. Ret.) and Bill Harsey Jr.
Today, Gerber continues to design and manufacture unique, high quality outdoor recreation products. In 2003 we are proud to introduce the next generation of multi-tools: the Recoil�? Auto-Plier. By constantly utilizing new technology and innovative design to develop new products, Gerber continues to be an industry leader.