Zatoichi Handmade Nodachi Cane Sword - Blind Samurai
Zatoichi is Seemingly only a Harmless blind masseur who wanders around the country making his living by gambling; however, He is also highly Skilled in Swordsmanship, Specifically Iaijutsu. He keeps his sword concealed within his cane. Cane swords, or shikomizue, were generally straight, lower-quality blades, which could not compare with regular katanas - However as revealed in Zatoichi's Cane Sword, his weapon is nearly superior to a katana and was created by a master sword smith just before his prime.
A recurring theme of both the films and television series episodes concerns Zatoichi protecting the innocent from oppressive warring Yakuza gangs and general injustice. Zatoichi's now-trademark inverted hold on his cane sword grip combined with his abilities using such a stance, his sometimes inexplicably keen ears and nose, and personal perception renders him a capable surprise attacker.
- Functional sword comes with fully sharpen blade.
- Beautiful 1045 carbon steel blade with Hamon.
- High quality lacquered red scabbard (saya) and handle.
- Grooves on one side of Handle for blade orientation.
- Includes custom wooden sword box with engraving and cloth sword bag.
- 39 1/2 in.overall, 27 3/4 in. blade.
- Most accurate Zatoichi sword replica.
- Unique addition to your handmade sword collection.
|Blade Material||Carbon Steel (1045)|
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|