Regarding Purchase of Automatic Knives
IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL STATUTES REGARDING INTERSTATE SHIPPING OF AUTOMATIC KNIVES, Knife Depot LLC requests that you read carefully the requirements set forth below, and agree to this prior to your purchase or receipt of any automatic knife from our company.
Federal law prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:
- to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
- an active Armed Forces member or employee acting in the performance of his or her duty;
- to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National Guard, or militia of a State, Territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization;
- to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of an State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory;
- to manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Knife Depot LLC will not sell automatic opening knives to any customer unless such sale is made in compliance with one or more of the above conditions.By submitting this form, you (Knife Depot LLC Customer/Buyer) recognize and acknowledge that it is your responsibility as the buyer to ascertain and obey all applicable laws (local, state, federal and international) in regard to the possession or purchase of any item from Knife Depot LLC. You further hereby represent and certify that your purchase or ownership of automatic knives from Knife Depot LLC meets one or more of the criteria set forth above and agree to use these knives in connection of duties as described above in sections 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Propel Auto's tanto blade uses 420 high-carbon steel for long-term durability and a dependable edge. Add a reliable plunge lock and safety switch, and you know the blade will stay where you want it, be it open or closed.
The partially serrated blade adds utility when cutting stubborn materials like nylon cord, webbing or even thin metal. The black oxide coating and black G-10 handle minimize reflectivity in critical situations where traditional stainless construction could give you away. Gerber created an adjustable clip on the Propel Auto that allows you to customize the knife's orientation in your pocket or on your belt.
You can set it up for tip-down or tip-up storage and left-hand or right-hand bias. A utilitarian tactical knife like the Propel Auto needs to feel good in your hand. The machined composite G-10 handle complements the knife's balanced feel, while its textured surface adds grip security in cold or wet situations.
- Blade Length: 3.5 inch
- Overall Length: 8.52 inch
- Blade Material: 420HC
- Handle Material: G10
- Weight: 4.28 oz.
|Blade Material||Stainless steel (420hc)|
|Lock Type||Plunge lock|
|Pocket Clip Include||Yes|
In 1939 Joseph Gerber hired a local knife maker to build 25 sets of kitchen cutlery to be given as Christmas gifts. The knives were so popular that Joseph Gerber left his advertising agency to start Gerber Legendary Blades®. The unique style and high quality manufacturing of Gerber cutlery soon developed wide spread acclaim. In fact, Gerber Legendary Blades are the only cutlery on display in New York�?s famous Museum of Modern Art.
From very early on, Gerber collaborated with top knife designers, setting a standard of quality for everyone else to follow. Renowned designers such as Al Mar, Bob Loveless, Paul Poehlmann, 'Blackie' Collins, William Harsey Jr. and Ernest Emerson have all designed knives for Gerber. In 2002 this tradition continued as Gerber released the Silver Trident�?, designed by Chief James 'Patches' Watson (U.S.N. Ret.) and Bill Harsey Jr.
Today, Gerber continues to design and manufacture unique, high quality outdoor recreation products. In 2003 we are proud to introduce the next generation of multi-tools: the Recoil�? Auto-Plier. By constantly utilizing new technology and innovative design to develop new products, Gerber continues to be an industry leader.