Regarding Purchase of Automatic Knives
IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL STATUTES REGARDING INTERSTATE SHIPPING OF AUTOMATIC KNIVES, Knife Depot LLC requests that you read carefully the requirements set forth below, and agree to this prior to your purchase or receipt of any automatic knife from our company.
Federal law prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:
- to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
- an active Armed Forces member or employee acting in the performance of his or her duty;
- to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National Guard, or militia of a State, Territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization;
- to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of an State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory;
- to manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Knife Depot LLC will not sell automatic opening knives to any customer unless such sale is made in compliance with one or more of the above conditions.By submitting this form, you (Knife Depot LLC Customer/Buyer) recognize and acknowledge that it is your responsibility as the buyer to ascertain and obey all applicable laws (local, state, federal and international) in regard to the possession or purchase of any item from Knife Depot LLC. You further hereby represent and certify that your purchase or ownership of automatic knives from Knife Depot LLC meets one or more of the criteria set forth above and agree to use these knives in connection of duties as described above in sections 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Note: Since the M-724 is built to order, it could take several weeks to receive the knife.
The M-724 is currently being issued for use in all military aircraft ejection seat survival kits. The primary purpose of the auto rescue knife is to help the downed pilot or aircrew get out of any dangerous situation that they may encounter behind enemy lines.
A situation that involves SURVIVAL, EVASION and ESCAPE for the person isolated behind enemy lines or on the battlefield requires a utilitarian no frills knife/tool, the type that can easily be maintained while surviving extreme use in all conditions.
Handle Length: 4 1/2"
Weight: 2 oz.
Blade length: 3"
Cutting edge length: 2 3/4"
Second blade: hook used to cut parachute shrouds during self rescue
Made in Warwick, Rhode Island U.S.A.
|Blade Material||Stainless Steel (440)|
|Handle Material||Glass-Filled Nylon|
|Number of Knives/Tools||2|
Colonial Knife Company got its start in 1919 when it's founder, Antonio Paolantonio returned from WWI after serving with the United States Calvary as a Black Smith. Antonio began making knives at 9 Calendar Street in Providence, Rhode Island. Antonio called his new company the 'A. Paolantonio Cutlery Company.' Antonio's first customers were the jewelry industry. Antonio made knife skeletons and sold the skeletons to the jewelry industry where they would place exotic handles on the knives and re-sell the finished knives to high end men's clothing stores. Over the years the business grew and in 1926 Antonio changed the company name to Colonial Knife Company, Inc.
World War II broke out and Antonio was asked to serve on the War Production Board in Washington, D.C. where he oversaw the allocation of steel to the cutlery industry and research that lead to the only combat knife to use polymers (plastics) for knife handles that offered Navy corpsman and medics the ability to boil the knife to make it sterile.
Over the next 40 years Colonial Knife grew adding over 150 product lines and during the 1960's enjoyed the reputation as the world's largest knife manufacturer.
During the 1970's and into the 1980's Colonial produced collector knives for Smith & Wesson, Colt, Winchester, and the 'John Russell Barlow' knives for Russell Harrington Company (Dexter Russell) the 'Colonel Coon' knife line along with producing knives for a number of knife manufacturers under private label.
Colonial's current brands include such names as Ranger,Colonial-Prov.USA, Old Cutler, Anvil Brand, Coyote, Master Series, Swiss Master, BackCountry, Solder Tec, Hurricane, GSA government Knives, auto knives, Hand Crafted Series and Barlow.